Friday, August 22, 2008

Ouch! Sore muscles

Who knew knitting could be such strenuous exercise. I am sore all over from sitting and knitting. I finished the first sleeve this morning, washed it and blocked it. It is drying at this time. I don't see any possibility of completing the cardigan before the end of the closing ceremony. Oh, well! I will probably get it finished on Sunday afternoon. This is a record for me. My previous record for knitting a sweater was three weeks, and that was for short-sleeve, mostly stockinette sweaters, albeit made with skinny yarn. I am quite pleased with my work on this, both the design and the knitting. The yarn has been great to work with and I like my hybridized design. I'll put some progress photos up tonight or tomorrow and a finished photo on Sunday.

No comments: