Tuesday, January 20, 2009
I have been knitting right along on the Arwen. I have completed the left front and sleeve, but not the left side of the hood. Progress on the right front is steady and fast. The pattern calls for knitting each side of the hood with the front side and corresponding sleeve; however, I think I will experiment with making the hood after attaching the fronts to the back using the live stitches that I left on the back neck instead of binding them off as the pattern instructed. I'll let you know how that goes and hopefully post some pictures of the work in progress. As you may have noticed, I am not very good at providing photos of the work or the completed projects.
Friday, January 16, 2009
This morning, bright and early, I took out my Cardigan for Arwen to resume working on it. It was a real pain to figure out where I am on the cable braid on the cuff and front edge. I think I will leave myself more copious notes next time I place a project in hibernation to work on other more urgent projects (like socks and little boy sweaters that needed to be completed before Christmas). The Elann Sierra Aran wool and alpaca blend that I am using for the Arwen is really a pleasure to work with. It just flows through my fingers in a most satisfying way.
The first week of January, I made a nice wool hat for my husband, because he is constantly complaining that his hats do not keep his head and ears warm. His new hat is quite plain, reversible, and made of merino/nylon sock yarn left over from the Christmas gift socks. He likes it. I like it. It's one of those knitting projects I will have to repeat at some time in the future.