Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Behind, as usual

Why is it that when we work on a project, we tend to underestimate the amount of time needed to complete the project. I have never been known to overestimate the time needed. Contrary to what I stated in my previous entry, I did not compete the fronts of my cardigan and attach them at the shoulders by bedtime on Saturday. It is now Tuesday, and I'm still working on the back neck trim. Maybe I'll finish that part today, but I wouldn't bet on it. It's my birthday, and I'm hoping my husband has dreamed up a fun celebration -- at least a yummy dinner out.

Yesterday, I received a really neat present from my daughter and her family including her three little pre-school boys. In the package was a birthday cake (plastic bag of dry ingredients and instructions for making the cake) and a booklet of the boys' artwork. I love it! And, I love them -- one and all. A coworker gave me the book, Knitting for Peace. How special it is to work with friends who understand and affirm my passion for knitting and/or sewing.

No comments: