Friday, August 15, 2008

Making "expected" progress

The fronts of my cardigan are about half done. I think I should be able to complete the fronts, join the fronts to the back at the shoulders, and attach the back neck trim before bedtime on Saturday. Then, all I'll have left to knit is the sleeves. That sounds really good; however, my history with knitting sleeves is that they seem to take a long time to knit. Logically, I should be able to knit the sleeves and complete the sweater by the end of Wednesday, but I'll bet I won't finish until Friday. I have never been able to figure out why sleeves take me so long to knit -- it's just always been that way.

I am still hoping to get the socks done as well as the cardigan, but I have to take some time out to walk and get some exercise or I'll be a "basket case" by the end of the Olympics. It's funny how Olympians get more fit as they compete while Ravelympians accumulate more adipose tissue and aches and pains as they compete.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Hi, Happy, like that better than "fossil" which makes me feel old. :-) Can't wait to see pix on your blog. You ROCK! Can't imagine finishing a sweater, especially in DAYS!