Monday, September 22, 2008

Y-E-S

Last Wednesday, I took two items to enter in the Panhandle South Plains Fair. One was the Leafy Fall Cardigan which I entered in the division for knitted sweaters. The second is my Geese Gone Goofy ruana, a knee-length wrap made of fingering weight yarn. It is knit so that there are diagonal stripes, and all in garter stitch. I figured that I knit a bit more than a mile of yarn into the rauna, but because the yarn is light weight, the garment is drapey and light, very comfortable to wear. I entered it in the knitted coats division.

Yesterday, I went to the fair to visit my sweaters. I have never before even considered entering anything at the fair. I was really surprised to see that both garments received blue ribbons. I will post pictures as soon as I have them ready.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I'll be watching for the pictures.